I would never say I can't think of one because I wouldn't want to get an "F", : ) but although I've appreciated many a well-turned musical phrase, I can't currently locate a favorite in the deep recesses of my mind. However, I am a big fan of words, and I do have a favorite phrase to share with you, even though it didn't come from a song. In a book I was reading, a laid-back country boy announced that he was "imminently cognizant of the grammatical parameters." You'd be amazed how often I manage to work that phrase into a conversation!
2. When was the last time someone yelled at you?
I haven't been yelled at, but I have been insulted. At work this week when I offered to take a message, the caller said he'd rather leave the message with a real person, but if none was available he guessed he'd leave it with me. I have promised my co-workers that, in the future, I will try to act more like a real person.
3. Money, fame, happiness...are they mutually exclusive?
Only if you see money and fame as a means of achieving happiness.
4. What is your favorite dish to prepare for family and friends that doesn't require turning on the stove, oven or an outdoor grill?
Ice, of course! (It's my specialty.)
5. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week. What is one thing you could do this week to simplify your life? Hire a maid and a cook. Will you do it? Probably not.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being 100% and 1 being not at all) how tuned in are you to your country's national political scene?
Let's just say I'm more in tune with the political scene than the politicians apparently are with the will of the people. A condition I hope can be rectified during the next election cycle.
7. What are your final parting words to the month of July?
I don't usually speak to months since they never speak to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I do, however, occasionally speak to our pets, uncooperative inanimate objects (the copier), and people who obviously flunked drivers' education and yet happen to be operating a vehicle directly in front of me.